Sunday, May 12, 2019

My First Mother's Day Without My Mommy

I have to admit I miss going to Pikeville and other places with her. I remember we used a lot of sayings like "Kill two birds with one stone". Everywhere we went we tried to get several things done at once. For example, every time we would go to Pikeville we went on Thursday,  'cause that was when Gibson's had their double coupon sale day. We always put our doctor appointments and everything else on that day. 

The first place we mostly stopped was at Reynold's Market, sometimes Sears or Piggy Wiggy's, Rite Aid, Kroger's, Dollar General, or JC Penney's. On the way back home we would stop at Wal-Mart, Winn Dixie and sometimes Staples. We would stop at whatever restaurant I have coupons that say BOGOF, which was mostly McDonald's. If we happen to go on a Tuesday, we always stopped at Domino's to get the Two for Tuesday. If I didn't have any coupons we always ate at Wendy's using her ten percent card. After that, we would stop at Food City and then go home. 

Another saying we kept was "A penny saved is a penny earned". We carpooled, used coupons, sales papers, rebates and refund offers. Together we saved on gasoline and electric. 

Another saying "Two heads are better than one". What one liked to do better got to do it. She liked to cook better than bargain shopping. I liked to bargain shop instead of cooking.

I remember sending her a card and she called me and said, "Why didn't you say, 'I love you Mommy' or something like that." The last cards I send her I always remembered to put that on them. 

The last time I heard her voice was on June 27. I was watching Wheel of Fortune. I didn't know it was going to be my last. I am sorry I could say no more than I did, but I did say "I love you, Mommy."



Posted by Sherry

No comments: