Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lady Overboard !

So Jevon and I took the kids to Disney a couple of weekends ago.  It was a Saturday, it was about 140 degrees out and it was insanely crowded.  There is a huge boat that you have to ride across a small lake to get the actual park itself.  The line just to get on the boat was a mob of hot, sweaty, irritated people wearing Mickey Mouse ears and Tinkerbelle tu-tu's.  We all must have looked like a mob of the living dead, just making our way to the boat moaning, "Disssss-ney.......Dissss-ney.......Mickeeeeey......"

As we were trying to load ourselves and the kids on the boat, we got behind a lady with a stroller and what appeared to be her mother.  They kept holding everybody up and it was getting annoying.  Jevon looked at me, rolled his eyes and began to nudge his way through the crowd to try to get around them.  When the lady's mom realized it, she yelled, "Can't you people see we have a stroller here!  Now make some room and get out of our way!"
I winced, closed my eyes briefly and hoped that the comment had not made it's way to Jevon's red hot ears.  It only took about two seconds to find out the answer, though.  As the lady and her family were quickly being swallowed by the crowd of Disney zombies, I heard him respond in an unusually sarcastic voice, "Oh, I am so sorry!  I didn't realize that pushing a stroller gives people the right to be A-holes.  I guess I  should have brought my stroller today, huh?"

At this point, I can envision the conversation I am having with the kids as we drive away from the park and towards the Orlando jail.  "Yes, kids, I know you really wanted to go to Disney World, but we can't just leave your Daddy in jail.  Daddy, shouldn't have pushed that old lady off the Disney boat, but he did, and now we have to go get him."
Lucky for me, though, there were just too many Mickey ears and tu-tu's between Jevon and the older lady for either of them to hear the other clearly.  But I definitely heard what she said next.  As she glared back at Jevon, she huffed, "What did he say!?!  That guy better not have just said something nasty to me in Spanish!!"

I thought I was going to die.  Jevon was buzzing in my ear, "What did she say?  Did she say something to me?"

I just kept shaking my head frantically "No".  It wasn't until later that day that I told him what she said.  I must say, had he heard her, you might all be able to look up his mug shot online right now.

LOL!

Amber

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Jevon may as well go to Mexico and become a citizen