Friday, March 20, 2009

A Special Delivery

Luci brought Mom to town a couple of weeks ago for a doctors appointment, and to do a little shopping, of course. They stopped off at my house to kill some time. I had ran across this old photograph of Zeldon Ward in a book and showed it to Mom.

She ran her finger across the photo, naming each of them and when she got to the lady on the right she said, "Why that's Ginny! She delivered me. She was a midwife. She delivered a lot of babies on Road Creek."

It's been eighty four years now since that special delivery was made.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM !

Clyde

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture. Mom always talked about Ginny Ward. Happy Birthday mom.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the sweetest mother in the whole world. I am sendy you a cyber hug and a bunch of cyber kisses. oxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture. Did you show it to dad. I bet his son's wold love to see that picture if they haven't already.

Anonymous said...

If I'm not mistaken Melvina was one of Maw Line's half sisters. I believe I can see some resemblance there, maybe even a little to Jeff.