Monday, March 30, 2009

Baseball Cheerleader

The boys started baseball about a month ago.  They are both very good.  Because of their age difference they are on different leagues.  When Austin would practice he would have the rest of us four all out on the side-lines yelling and cheering our hearts out for him.  Well, after about the fourth practice he caught me alone and said, "Mom, can you guys not holler things at me when I'm practicing?" 

I was kinda surprised because I thought that he liked the support.  "We are just trying to cheer you on and be supportive, Austin.  But we will stop if you don't like it." 

He replied, "Well, it's just kind of embarrassing and it gets me nervous and stuff." 

I assured him that we would stop and that I would break it to the rest of his fans (mainly Caleb and Caitlyn).  So I told Caleb and Caitlyn that from now on in practice we should just be quiet and watch big bubby silently.  They agreed that they would try.  Well, the very next day Austin had practice.  They were in the middle of their team warm-ups when Caitlyn came running up from the playground and noticed that Austin and his team-mates were doing jumping-jacks.   Before I had a chance to stop her she yelled very loudly, "Whoooooo, Austin!  Those sure are some good jumping-jacks.  Those will sure stop the ice-cream truck!" 

Austin turned around and cut his eyes right at Caitlyn and glared an "I'm gonna kill you!" look at her.  She quickly cupped her hands over her mouth.  Then she slowly looked up at me and said, "Oops!  I forgot what you telled me!"  Then she cupped her mouth again and giggled under her breath, "He's sure gonna killlllllll me!"

Amber

4 comments:

Aunt Luci said...

Austin I can still remember how embarassing little sisters can be. It will get better when you are about 50.

Uncle Clyde said...

Don't Believe It, Austin

It doesn't get better when you turn 50. I'm 59 now and it hasn't gotten any better at all. In fact, since this StalkerClan website got started, it is worse. Now they embarrass me in front of the whole world.

Jeff said...

I need to work harder at embarassing Luci. If i remember correctly, it pays quite well. The part where she pays me to stay away from her.

Luci said...

I didn't mean that the little sisters would get less embarrassing. What are little sisters for anyway? After about 50years, you just get used to it.