Saturday, June 20, 2009

Luci’s Dilemma

Well, every girl has a secret fantasy, like Fabio riding up on a white horse and sweeping them away to a land with no teenage boys and no grouchy, hateful, middle-aged men to growl and complain constantly.   Ok, I have got off the story … 

Like Juanita ( Luci’s friend) wanting to go to Savannah, Luci and I have always wanted a 10% discount at Walmart and Lowes. With Jim’s new job he has a 10% off card for any purchases at Lowes.  Luci and I had to break it in.  We went in and everything Luci saw she said, “Boy, with 10% off that would be this amount.” She was a mathematical Jethro on the 10% prices. 

We were going along and we got to the appliances and she said, "Well, when I get ready for a washer and dryer I will come here and buy them from Jim so he can get the commission on them."

I said, “Ok, that would be nice, but if you do that ... YOU CAN’T USE HIS 10% OFF CARD!”

The fantasy was over.  I am sure that I will be coming to Mt Sterling with the card, and not her buying them here and hauling them to Mt Sterling so Jim can get a commission.

10% Discount

Commission

for Jim

Michelle

3 comments:

Luci said...

Yes I finally got to fulfill my long time fantasy of getting the family discount at Lowe's. I really enjoyed my vacation at Jim and Michelle's. Thanks for everything guys.

jeff said...

So the Riley location has changed. It is now located in London.

Jeff said...

The Schells showed up Luci's yesteday, so I guess the Riley Hole is now back in Mt Sterling.