Friday, June 19, 2009

Suggestions for Jennifer

Hey Jennifer, I know this is the first birthday that Shawn has had since you and him got hitched.  Not being familiar with Shawn’s family traditions you are probably wondering what to do for his birthday.  For example, what kind of cake should you fix?  I bet if you have asked him he probably said something like, “Ahhh now, you don’t hafta fix no cake fer me.  Jus git me a few blueberries and I’ll be as happy as a tick on a sleepin’ hound dog.”

Well, he is just trying to go easy on you because you’re newlyweds.  I’ll tell you about our family traditions and what he really wants. 

First off, he wants a birthday cake with a train on it and a candle for each year.  That’ll be twenty nine candles this year.  This is a tradition that goes back to when he was very young.

  

Next, he will want to invite all his family in for a big steak dinner with all the fixin’s.   This is a tradition that he picked up when he stayed with Michelle and Jim for a while.

Of course he will want you to do all the work while he lies around doing nothing.  This is a tradition that was started when he stayed with his Aunt Luci.  We refer to it as being “Stuck in a Riley Hole.”

Finally, he will want to make absolutely sure to get his Uncle Clyde there for the birthday cake and the steak dinner.  This is a new tradition we can start this year.

I hope these suggestions help.  Oh, and one more thing, tell him the StalkerClan said…

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWN !

4 comments:

Aunt Luci said...

Hope you have a great birthday. Love you Bub.

Mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWN

Love, Mom, Mamaw, Papaw, and Carlos

The Schell Gang said...

Happy Birthday Shawn from mom and dad Schell.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for all the advice! I'll take all of it I can get. This year for his birthday I brought Shawn to Pike County! So, no steak dinner but I made a cake. Jenny and Clyde come on up and have some. We'll be here until Saturday morning. Hopefully we'll get a house soon and will be able to have you all over for a cookout!