Friday, September 7, 2018

The 19¢ Playing Cards

I remember back when I was in the fifth grade, I went out to Hamilton's 5 & 10¢ store and purchased a deck of playing cards.  I said to myself, "If nobody else plays with me, Jeffery will."

When we all got finished eating supper I said, "Hey Jeffery, want to play some cards?"

She said, "Sure."

I got her to sit down on one end of the couch and I got the coffee table and put it in front of us.  The game played like Crazy 8's except it had colored pictures on them.  This was the first time we ever played this game.

While we were playing Clyde went into the kitchen, got a chair, put it in front of us and said he wanted to play also.  I couldn't believe it.  I remember some of his friends came to the house and played with us also.

Posted by Sherry

No comments: