Sunday, March 10, 2019

The Coffee Stackage

I remember back when I use to do a lot of couponing, I had a big stock of coffee in that red store building.



I remember that I had the biggest pile of 50c off of any size of coffee. The stores back them sold a lot of little jars of coffee for 50c. The stores let me have the jars of coffee free for the coupons. I also purchased a lot of the 8-ounce jars of coffee when they were on sale using either 75c or dollar coupons. I remember I had a stock of 19 jars of the eight ounces of the instant coffee and a countless number of the one-ounce jars. I also had about five big cans of the ground coffee.

There came a big dry spell in central American. It destroyed the coffee plantations. Coffee prices went up real high. I did not buy any coffee during this time period. We all relied on the coffee stock I had in the store building. When I got down to my last jar of instant coffee. Coffee prices started going down again. I said to myself, "I know now how much coffee we use in a one period time. I wonder how much money I saved the family."

Posted by Sherry

1 comment:

Aunt Meaner said...

I want you to know this year would have been Maggie's 100th birthday. I don't know when her birth date is.