Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Strawberry Days

 

We had a great time at Strawberry Days. Sorry so many of you missed out on it. The weather was perfect and, of course, the surroundings serene. Jim and Michelle have a beautiful place.

Jim and Michelles Place

We sat in the swings on the front porch with Jeff and Randy on Sunday morning. It was just wonderful.

View from the Front porch

They have a fabulous new grill on the back patio. The burgers were great. They even have a new fangled screen door that works like a window blind. I had never seen anything like it. Now I have to have one.

Shawn and Jennifer caught “Strawberry Fever” and picked everything that looked like it might even be thinking about turning red. We made jam until midnight Saturday night. Then Jennifer and the guys went night fishing. I got up Sunday Morning, worn out, but Shawn and Jennifer were ready to get at it again. When I left they were having another cookout (for Wanda’s Birthday) and planning to get back to the patch.

We really enjoyed getting to know Jennifer a little better. She is really nice. She and Shawn seem to have a lot in common. I think she will be able to withstand the stress of a StalkerClan lifestyle. She fit in well with us.

Thanks, Jim and Michelle for your hospitality!

Thanks, Oliver for the strawberries!

Happy Birthday Wanda!

 

Posted by Luci

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am to old to party like that anymore. We had the best time, we were in the patch, picking, laughing and talking. It was a great bonding opportunity and the strawberries were wonderful. Now somoene need to tell that to my back!!

Anonymous said...

Wish I had taken some pictures this year but I think we were just too busy to even think of it. Can't wait for the next event.