Monday, June 9, 2008

Strawberry Overload

I had heard tales that, if we had a big strawberry crop, I would get reinforcements in handling the strawberry crop.
  • I had one sister who came from the North and tried to help me tame this strawberry crop. She and I stayed up past 12:00 midnight eating, capping, eating, jammming, eating, storing in freezer bags and eating until she was almost ready to be hospitalized. She had to go home and lay on her couch to recover.

  • I had one sister who came from the South with blueberries. She grabbed the strawberries that had been picked, threw them into her cooler and headed to the east.

  • I had one brave nephew who brought with him a blond headed Mexican woman. She dilegently crawled through the patch on her belly and picked everything red in the patch, regardless of size or shape.
I don't know if I can make it through blackberry days and watermelon days without some help. The little Mexican girl said she would come back, that is the only bright spot I have. I am about like Daddy said about Uncle Joe... "What a fine bunch of friends I have got!"

Posted by Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am always ready and willing to help eat berries and watermelon. You can count on me.