Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SERENITY PADS AND UNDERWEAR

Editors Note:  I have 'blacked out" a few words to reduce the chance of embarrassing someone who might not want the whole world to know their business. I don't think the message is changed too much.  



I want you all to know I went to Rite Aid's Wednesday. I bought ▓▓▓▓▓▓ five 36-42 count pads. They were regular $17.99 each. I also bought ▓▓▓ two 18 count disposable underwear, regular $13.99 each.

That is $117.93 worth of disposable pads and disposable underwear. Including the sales tax that's $125.00. If somebody else was to have purchased them, and charged them to their credit card, it would cost them $150.00 if the card charged 20% interest on them and if it took them a year to paid it.

What did I pay for them?

The pads were on sale for $10.99 and I used five store coupons that was worth three dollars each and I also had five $1.50 manufacture coupons to use on them.

The underwear was on sale for $6.99. Both of them had $3 store coupons on them and I used two $2.00 manufacturer coupons on them.

So far I spent $36.43 plus $4.14 sales tax; totals $40.57. I came home and entered the receipts on the Rite Aid's website. This morning I checked to see if they came through. My surprise was I got $10 back for the underwear packs. I got paid $5.12 including the sales tax.

All five pads packs together will cost me $15.25 after the rebates. The whole thing will cost me a total of $10.13 including the sales tax. A total saving of over 95%.

Don't worry about ▓▓▓▓▓▓ running out cause they will last ▓▓▓ till Christmas I hope.

Sherry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherry is a coupon wizard. I envy her math skills.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when Clyde was going to make a story out of this. I am guessing he needed some stories to put up so he had no other choice.

supermans_daughter said...

Everyone who could put their name in the blank raise your right hand. uiqw86
Sorry, it's hard to type with my left hand.

Anonymous said...

Where Have I been? Live is just not living if I don't get on her a get a dose of a good Meaner lesson. This one tops them all. I have laughed until my stomach hurts and I wish I had a few of those special buys. I am still laughing. This one has to be one of my all time favorites. I especialy love the fact that Clyde read it first. And I have to wonder if she had used one of his sister's names, if he would have blacked it out. NOT!