Thursday, January 22, 2009

WHAT A DIFFERENCE 21 YEARS MAKES

Dad is 84 this January 22nd. I can't believe how much time changes in 21 years.

  • January 22, 1946 at age 21, he was a single young man, never married, and didn't know who his future wife would be. He was coal miner and had to provide for his mother and brothers and sisters.

  • January 22, 1967 at age 42, he was a married man with five children ages 17 - four months. All four of the older ones were in school and the youngest one at home. I remember the household was so crowded.

  • January 22, 1988 at age 63, he was still a married man with five children, nine grandchildren and one on the way.

  • January 22, 2009 at age 84, he has been married for 60 years!  He is now the proud grandfather of twelve grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.

Wow! What a difference 21 years makes.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

Sherry

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dad. Hope you have a great one.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Daddy!! Hope you have many many more!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot you guys. I am now the horses a$$. I was the last one to call. And how in the world did we go from one of the girls being the first to call to Clyde being the first. I am still scrating my head on that one. I did remind him the this other daugher Brenda Johnson had not called yet and that she should be the horses A$$. So what does he do he calls her. The problem is she is still in good graces with him and I am still the step daugher. Who's you daddy? That is the question of the day with day. I think Mom sould give him a V8 slap to the head. Oh! I almost forgot. Happy Birthday Dad. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry my name didn't take.

Anonymous said...

Better late than never. Happy Birthday papaw!