Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New Shelves

Luci called one day and asked if Jim would care to put some shelves up in Mom's bathroom and in the kitchen.  We went up over spring break and Jim got the shelves put up and I think they look good.

Clyde came up to help but some how he ended up helping Daddy more than he did Jim.

We got the biggest tickle out of Daddy.  He said that Luci had came up with the idea of getting the lift chair and a hospital bed.  He loved the lift chair, but he hated the hospital bed.  He said he climbed over the bars on that bed four nights before he threw Sherry in it.   Sherry only lasted two nights before she bailed out of it.  He said his only regret about the hospital bed was that Luci didn't get a night or two in it before they took it back.

Jim said if you don't like the shelves, don't say nothing, he don't want to know.

Michelle

6 comments:

Luci said...

The shelves look great!!!!Thanks Jim, Michelle, and Jeremy. Somehow you all have missed the purpose of the lift chair. When someone sits down on the job and dozes off, particularly Clyde, the eject button should be pushed.

Amber said...

WOW!! Uncle Jim needs to come spend some time at my house!!!

Michelle said...

He really enjoys helping mom and dad. He is a really good son in law. I just cant get daddy to say he is number one. Mom will sneak arond and say it but dad is a die hard Randy fan. I think mom is too but she says Jim is number one when he has a powertool in his hand.

Jeff said...

I got on here last night and looked at all the work Jim had done up at Mom and Dad's. I was so tired when I was looking at it, it only made me more tired. But today is another day and when I look at it now, I just feel very very grateful for Our #1 Handy Man and all around great guy Jim. You are #1 to me to Jim. Randy said all that work made him hungry. Let's all bring out the old cream horns to celebrate Mom's new shelves.

Luci said...

Sorry the hospital bed didn't work out for Dad. I was really trying to save his life. Since he spends at least 18 hours a day in bed, I figured the biggest danger he faced was falling out of bed. Jeff what is going on at your house? I can't imagine "old" cream horns. How could that happen? I can assure you it would never happen at my house.

Luci said...

I remember how funny it was when Dad used to sit on the couch and go to sleep. We would take the oportunity to change channels. Then his head would go back, hit the wall and wake him up. Thank Goodness for the high backs on recliners now that we are all doing it.