Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Memories of Dad on his 94th Birthday

I remember getting Michelle to go to Velocity Market to get some items. When she got to the store, instead of going picking out the items that were on sale, she when back into the store and got the items that weren't on sale. When she got home we got into a racket over it. Dad said, "From now on you give Sherry the money and let her go and get it."

Mother and I went to Maloney's.  While I was up there I looked around in the store and I saw Dad there. He had a shopping cart with a lot of paint and other stuff in it. I said, "Dad, I can get you ten percent off your paint and stuff. Let me show you how."
He said, "No, I am going to give you the money and you go and get it." If I remember correctly he gave me a $100.

When I got to the counter there were other people in front of me. When it finally came to my turn, Dad and Mother, holding Shawn, was near the door waiting and watching me. If I remember correctly, all of the stuff came to $112. I used a coupon that took a dollar off and the rain check took $12 off. The $100 cover it. When I got finished Dad took the shopping cart and emptied the paint and stuff into his truck.

Posted by Sherry

No comments: