Sunday, January 6, 2019

Racing Trinity

Yesterday, Trinity and I were going down to the dock to feed the fish.  She always wants to race me down and I always try to give a good fake run like I am really trying to beat her.  I decided it was time for me to win, just this once.  When she was about halfway down, I shouted out, "Hey Trinity, your mom is calling for you." 

She stops in her tracks and listens to see if she can hear her, she doesn’t, but still turns and takes off for the house.   I wait until she is almost up to the house and I shout up to her, "Hey Trinity, I am going to beat you."

She turns and looks at me in disbelief.  I shout up, "I tricked you. Ha, Ha, Ha."  My dastardly dead worked.  I won the race.  She was not happy about that at all.

Later, we were headed up the hill, and I was in the lead.  I shouted down to her, "I am going to beat you again!"   

This time she was ready for me.  In her sweetest voice, I heard her shout up to me, "Hey Grandma, wait, I want to give you a big hug."  She knows my weakness very well.  I love hugs and she was going to use it to trick me.

I shouted back to her.  "I’ll get it when I get up to the house, right after I beat you."  But, even with a big head start, SHE BEAT ME!!! And she was not a good winner.   I didn’t get that hug after all.   


01/06/2019 Shared by Jeffery

1 comment:

Clyde said...

I think I'm beginning to see evidence of something I've suspected for a long time. The lessons Trinity is getting in honesty,truthfulness,and sportsmanship are straight out of the Florida Gators playbook aren't they?