Wednesday, December 30, 2009

JEFFERY HEN - The Neighborhood Wonderment

Crystal Fawn wanted to roost on the roosting rod so Jeffery Hen put her in between Roo and Panda, with Bear on the other end. She wanted to make sure that she won't fall off the rod. Jeffery Hen slept in the nest as usual. The rod was only big enough for three chickens.

The next morning, when all woke up with the crowing of Roo, they all went outside and shortly the roosters showed up with the morning meal.  Roo stopped crowing and came down to join his family.  Jeffery Hen started talking with the other hens. "Have you all noticed it has been a long time since anybody has laid an egg?"

Several of the hens were looking back and forth at each other. "I don't even know anybody that is carrying an egg," said one of the hens.

Another hen said, "I haven't seen Jennie Hen in a few days. Don't you think we should go and pay her a visit."

Cluck working on the SquawkerClan. Jeffery Hen said, "There's Clunk."  All of the hens went towards Clunk and asked about Jennie Hen.

Clunk said, "She's been trying to lay an egg."

"What's the problem," asked Vicki Hen. "Does she need help?"

Clunk went back into his henhouse with Jennie Hen something to eat. When he got into the house Jennie Hen gave out a loud scream.  Clunk went to her to help.  Jennie Hen fell right to sleep. When Clunk sees that she is asleep he goes back outside. "She's asleep," said Clunk.

Jeffery Hen said, "We heard her scream!"

Clunk said, "I know it, I am hoping there will be an egg under her when she wakes.  I have to admit she was so tired, it was no wonder she fell to sleep.”

Jeffery Hen said, "She'll be awake this evening."

Everyone waited for Clunk to announce the laying of the egg. When night time came there was no announcement. The next morning no crowing of announcement."  The neighborhood was in wonderment.

Sherry

3 comments:

Michele said...

Jennie Hen has arrived at the coop. I am sure this will lead to more drama on the perching rod.

Has been star Jeffery Hen said...

Is is Jennie Hen's turn to be the star of the Hen tails. She sure makes for good reading. All that screming and all. I didn't know chicken could scream? Oh well, what do I know. I'm only Jeffery Hen.

Crystal said...

what is this roosting rod that I'm always trying to sit on? It sounds really painful! I didn't think I was that kind of chicken