Saturday, December 8, 2018

Four Pennies

Oh No!  Those four pennies are missing...


I'm Ruined !

Photos from Jeff

The story of the Four Pennies is not available on the StalkerClan today.  It was lost when the old Zoomshare site shut down.  It is recorded on Page 112 of the first StalkerClan Book - "Remember When". It's worth repeating again...

Dad and Randy just about killed me and Clyde today with one of their many conversations, but in order for you all to get it, I must tell a few old stories first.

Last year when Randy and I were up visiting Mom and Dad, We used Dad's bathroom while we were there and the whole time there were these four pennies sitting on the table in his bathroom. Now Randy can not stand to see change laying around. If I leave change out, he always picks it up and puts it in his pocket. Well needless to say these four pennies had just about put him over the deep end. On the last day we were there, he looked at me and asked, "Honey, these pennies have been sitting here all week, do you think they belong to anyone? I hate to see change just laying around."

"I don't know. I don't think anyone would care about four pennies anyway."

He picks them up and puts them in his pocket. Neither one of us gave it a thought until we got home and Dad called to see if we made it. We talked for a few minutes and then he asked, "Did you or Randy happen to see the four pennies I had sitting on that table in my bathroom?"

I was speechless. I looked over at unsuspecting Randy and repeated to him what Dad had just asked me, "Randy, Dad wants to know if we saw the four pennies he had sitting on his table in his bathroom?"

The look on his face was priceless. He had been busted by Ottie. What was he going to do now that his reputation was fixing to go down the Ottie drain. He stuttered around for a moment or two and the confession spewed from his lips, "I am so sorry Papaw. I didn't think they belonged to anyone. I, I, I,..."

The squirrels in his head had stopped moving altogether. He was in big doo-doo.  How could this be happening to him. He was an honest man and now he would be branded a thief over four pennies. Dad had really put it on him. I laughed so hard, I thought I was going to have to put on one of Emily's diapers.

Well, now every time Dad sees Randy he wants him to pay for everything he buys to make up for the four pennies he stole off of him. Randy will never be able to get over that trick played on him.

Written by Jeffery

1 comment:

Jeff said...

oh my Lord.... Do we not have the four penny story on the Clan. If you do Clyde, please post it or let me know and I will write it up. It was one of my favorites.