Thursday, October 25, 2007

So Much Cooler Online

I'm having a hard time understanding baby sis' Michelle. She asked me to add links to some of the MySpace pages of StalkerClan members. I've been working on it and what I have so far is HERE.

I don't have a MySpace page and I've always had the impression people tried to make themselves look "So Much Cooler Online" on them. Like in Brad Paisley's song:

I work down at The Pizza Pit
And I drive an old Hyundai
I still live with my mom and dad
I'm five foot three and overweight
I'm a sci-fi fanatic, mild asthmatic
Never been to second base

But there's a whole 'nother me
That you need to see
Go check out MySpace.

'Cause online I'm out in Hollywood
I'm six foot five and I look damn good
I drive a Maserati, I'm a black belt in karate
And I love a good glass of wine

Cooler Online

I figured that Michelle had put together a page that presented a glossy image of her like everyone else does.

I expected she had posted a photo like this ...

Cooking Hotdogs

But, when I look at her page, I find ...

I wonder, if people assume this is the "much cooler online" Michelle, what do they think the REAL Michelle looks like?

Like I said, I have a hard time understanding her.

Posted by Clyde

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you see is what you get
I wish I was more like Michelle. She has no inhibitions. She can just let it all hang out and doesn't care what anyone thinks. What you see is what you get. That is so healthy. I think I got so many inhibitions (and resulting neuroses) there weren't any left for her. They may have been running a little low for Jeff and Sherry too. I love that picture of Michelle. They say a picture says 1000 words. This one says so much about her.

Anonymous said...

Inhibitions? What on earth is that
I guess you have to have little sisters to enable you to have such a thing. (Big brothers are also helpful in this area) My little sister came along just in time to give me just a smiggin of inhibitions. Luci and Clyde had to put up with three very uninhibited sibblings. Just a few examples of live with us. Me wearing a pair of Lucy's peatty pants instead of panties to school. She wanted to kill me. My tree trunk hair doo. Sherry doing the wilk at me from day light till dark. Michelle asking Luci's boyfriend how he got such kinky curly hair. Clyde peeing out the front door. Me wearing her clothes to school and being paid 5 cent to stay away from her. Me whistling as loud as I could at the neighbors. Michelle giving herself a hair cut in kindergarden. That was a real look for her. I could go on, but the little smiggen of inhibitions just kicked in.