Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What's Happened to Clyde?

Hey, it's been almost a whole week since Clyde put anything new on the StalkerClan. What do you think is wrong? Reckon maybe he got stuck halfway between lyin' around and sittin' around again? He's bound to have a hen tale or something to post.

I do have a hen tale I haven't posted yet and a couple other stories too. It's true, I haven't been on the StalkerClan as much as usual lately. Jennie and I have been trying to get the homeplace ready for winter and doing our Football Season sitting with Emerson but that's not why the StalkerClan has been so quiet.

I'm still on the Internet almost as much as usual but I've gotten sidetracked by looking into genealogy, check the post on SeriouslyLooney for an example.

I've also spent some of my online time lately looking at moving the StalkerClan from Zoomshare to another blogging host. Zoomshare just keeps adding more and more advertising which bugs me. Every time I log onto the site to make a change I have to look at a full page ad for about 10 seconds before it will let me do anything (annoying.) There are a lot of things other sites will do that I haven't been able to get to work on Zoomshare. I started the LooneyStalkers/ShellShocked site on Blogspot because Zoomshare wouldn't let me post games, videos or things many other sites offer.

We do have three plus years of postings at Zoomshare and there seems to be no easy way to move them to another host. That makes the decision to move a difficult one.

I have been looking at using BlogSpot as a new host for the StalkerClan. You can see what I have done so far at www.stalkerclan.blogspot.com. Blogspot is one of the more popular blog hosts and has a lot to offer.

  • It's free, which is important to me.
  • It's easy to use, also important to me.
  • It supports videos, slideshows and a lot of things that Zoomshare doesn't.
  • It doesn't put any advertising on your blog (I like that.)

I think I can combine the best of ...

The StalkerClan on Zoomshare

ShellShocked and

The StalkerClan Gateway

... into one page at www.stalkerclan.blogspot.com. That would certainly simplify my life. Take a look and let me know what you think. Just leave a comment on either site. I plan to post to both sites for the next few weeks to see how it goes.

Now I need to get back to lyin' around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there life out there?
I spent the weekend taking care of an elderly lady and when I heard about the KENTUCKY-FLORIDA game I couldn't want to read everyone's point of view when I got home last night. I PUSHED REFRESH 10 TIMES thinking it was my computer. Then I tried Chad's computer, same thing. I thought Clyde had a heart attack because of the game but he is not much older than me so he is much too young for that. Then I thought maybe it was basketball not football that everyone was excited about. FINAL OPINION: Clyde is like Fred Sanford, when he comes back...it's going to be a big one.

Anonymous said...

Cant wait to see the clan
I am so addicted to the clan I log on it at work. I hope if they check my log they dont think I am a STALKER. I may have a lot of explaining to do.