Friday, February 22, 2008

Too Poor to be Republican

While talking to Mom the other day about our usual topic, the election, the conversation went like this.

MoneyBagsMom: Are you going to vote for Hillary?
Me: If she makes it I will.
Mom: Are you going to vote for Obama?
Me: If he makes it I will.
Mom: Michelle, you're not going to vote Democrat are you?
Me: Mom, I have figured it out, I am too poor to be a Republican, I must be a Democrat.
Mom: Now, Michelle you won't be a bit better off with a Democrat in there.
Me: Mom it is like this...when Bill was in the White House, I was not in the Poor House!

I think she was speechless!

Posted by Michelle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom was lamenting to me about how she must have gone wrong somehow in raising Michelle. She just couldn't believe she could have raised a child who would vote for Hillary. I couldn't help telling her that I might vote for her too. She hyperventilated for 5 min. I had to take it back for fear of another trip to the emergency room.

Anonymous said...

I am the only good one left. I will vote any way mom tells me to. If I could only get her to make Michelle give me my Davie back. I know davie would not want to be living with a democrate. Is Michelle a Rino. Republican in name only. You need to think about that mom. Poor old Davie. I can just see him hiding a blue dress and red lip stick now. I would never torture him in that way. Some people have no shame. Papaw does. He would never vote for the Hildabeast.. Hey I think I want to change my previous name for Michele from Davie Snacher to Michelltabeast. That is much better. Jeff

Anonymous said...

There's something about Hillary that just gives me diarrhea