Friday, February 22, 2008

What Is That White Stuff...

I just ran across this bit of information at a website I sometimes check and it reminded me of someone. Can you guess who?

BirdPoop.jpg1. Bird poop is white because birds can’t pee. Their kidneys work like ours do, but instead of producing urine, birds excrete a white paste. The paste, along with what comes out of the intestines, unites and is excreted through the bird’s cloaca, a multi-purpose hole which means sewer in Latin. And, yes, by multi-purpose, I mean they even mate through it.


When I was growing up Uncle Joe must have asked me a hundred times, "What is that white stuff in chicken shit?" I thought he was trying to get me in trouble with Mom for saying S-H-I-T. Turns out it is actually chicken P-E-E. Who knew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never doubted Uncle Joe's expertise in this area. What a shock to find out he was wrong.

Anonymous said...

When I say the title of this one I knew it had to be about Uncle Joe. He must have ask me that a million time. He sure was a character.Jeff