Saturday, April 26, 2008

No More Genealogy

I know I have just started to put together our family tree but I think I am going to have to quit genealogy and find a new hobby. I knew going in that there might be a few 'skeletons in the closet' as people say, but it's getting too frightening too quick.

I've been identifying ancestors and putting their data into a family tree program I found. Every so often I take a look at the tree to see how it is filling out. A few days ago I noticed this section of the tree and it sent chills up my spine.
Family Tree
It would appear that Dad and Ted have common ancestors. They are both the Great-Great-Great-Grandsons of Sherwood Mullins and Mary Roberts. If I'm reading the Understanding Cousins chart correctly, that makes them FOURTH COUSINS! Not seventh cousins or fifth cousins twice removed but actual, honest to goodness, Fourth Cousins. I'm afraid this news might put Dad back into the hospital again or, more likely, make him mad enough to shoot the person who brought this information to light (Me).

For my own safety I think I need to change hobbies. No more genelogy for me! I'm thinking about getting into one of those competitive eating contests. I've had lots of practice. I could maybe turn Pro and go on the 'circuit'. I might even end up on ESPN someday. I could do the hotdogs and hamburgers real easy. The sushi would be a problem though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to get my glasses cleaned. I thought I read Circus, when it really said circuit. I was really starting to get excited about all the possibilities. Was Clyde going to be the Fat Man? The Hairy Man? Lazies Man? Man who pulled the longes lasting practical joke on his sister by naming her Jeffery? The list just keep getting longer and longer, until I wiped my glasees off. What a disapointment. No circus peanuts for me.
Jeff
Jeff

Anonymous said...

That is what daddy gets for letting his oldest boy get an education like that. See daddy what all that reading writing and sifering has done to Clyde it has done turned him into a geniune genious, and it is going to make you the laughing stock of the senior citizens center. Next thing you know you will see Daddy and Ted at the FARMER family reunions.

Anonymous said...

Hey Clyde could we have a picture of Ted and Daddy hugging each other wearing I am with Stupid at the MULLINS family reunion.

Anonymous said...

You better think twice about those competitive eating contests. You went straight from Mom's cooking to Jenny's. I just can't see you eating 300 raw hotdogs. Hope you stay with the genealogy. It is really interesting, even when it's somewhat disturbing.

Anonymous said...

I do feel that some things should be left UNKNOWN. Ignorance would've been bliss in this one. Just Kidding UNCLE TED.