Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Amber Bamber

I called Amber yesterday to sing my usual Happy Birthday song. She informed me that Jevon had really gone all out for her special day. He had roses in the bed room and a really nice card and sweet notes posted all over the place. She was trilled.

Then Caleb came in and saw all the notes and flowers. He looked around and asked, "What is going on Mom? What is all this about?"

She looked at him and answered, " It's my birthday Caleb!"

Caleb, shaking his head said, "No, it's not Mom."

She insisted that 'yes indeedy' it was her special day. She said he became very quite. She wondered just what could he be thinking?

  1. I need to make Mom a card.
  2. I need to give Mom a birthday hug and kiss.
  3. I didn't get Mom a present and I feel really bad about that.

She waited for what seemed like an eterity for his reaction to the fact that it was her birthday. This is what she got... " Well Mom, if it really is your birthday, where is the birthday cake?  I want some."

Good thing Jevon came through.

Posted by Grandma Jeff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to keep Caleb around for some more cake!!