Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Spa Weekend with Live Entertainment

I had a wonderful weekend. Monette came to visit for the first time after her lung transplant.  She looked fantastic!  Thanks to all who prayed for her. 


Then Jim, Michelle, Jeremy & Justin came to spend the night Friday night. 

It was like Christmas. They brought me tomatoes, peppers, apples, two sets of Egyptian cotton sheets (They feel soooooo good) and socks.  The guys cleaned my car, carried mulch bags in the back yard and helped clean out the garage. (I can actually walk through it now.)  Michelle gave me back rubs and foot massages.  It was heaven.


I was really enjoying my spa weekend when the live entertainment showed up. Clyde and Jennie came Saturday afternoon and brought Emerson. 

Emerson found a lady bug and wanted to keep it. I was giving him one of my “Let it live its life as God intended” speeches.  You know, “It’s one of God’s special creatures. If you keep it, it will die. But if we put it in the garden it can eat other bugs and have babies and you can come visit them anytime.” 

Jim tried a more masculine tactic, “Ladybugs stink.”  

Emerson looked at him and said, “Yes, they have developed the ability to emit that odor as a natural defense mechanism to keep predators from eating them.”

That boy is smart!  I shudder to think of the questions he can ask.


When we recovered from our shock, we all went out to the local Pumpkin Patch. 

We hadn’t been there 10 minutes when a beautiful little 5 year old girl walked up to Emerson and said, “My name is Hannah, what’s yours?”

What a pick up line!  She latched on to him as they went from animal to animal and checked out all the things to see. (Smart and a lady’s man.)


We topped it all off with Aunt Jennie’s apple dumplings and ice cream. They were delicious. (Got to get that recipe on the StalkerClan.)

Thank you all so much for everything.

I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family.  

I don’t say it often enough but I hope each of you knows how much you are loved.

eMail from Luci

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a treat! I wish I could have been there to make it look like you had three feet. I would have put mine in there somewhere. I sure am proud of our sis and her family,Jim, Jeremy and Justin. I know the good Lord was pleased to see such good work done out of love. Thanks guy for showing such love. We love you all too.

Anonymous said...

I really liked this story. It is equally wonderful that me and my family are able to share great times and memories with Clyde and Luci.

Anonymous said...

She is lucky she survived. I guess Clyde was practicing his child rearing skills on Luci. While I was giving Luci her foot massage, I said "You have cut your toe?" Then she went on to point out several places on her body were Clyde had tried to hurt her and was unsuccessful. It was like.. this is the toe I almost cut off where he busted pop bottle, here is the scar on my forehead.. etc..