Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Great Minds

I've heard it said many times that "Great Minds Think Alike".   That has me worried this morning. 

I need to explain:


 

Matt's birthday was this past Saturday and I found a great birthday card for him.  On the outside it said:

 

The Card you are holding is made entirely from recycled clothing fabric.

On the inside it continued:

 

But don't worry.  You can barely see the skid marks. 

Happy Birthday

 

Matt knew without checking the signature... "This has to be from Dad."


Well, imagine my surprise when I go to the post office on Monday, my birthday, and find that Jeffery has sent me...

The exact same card!

 

Can you see why I'm worried now?  If it's true that "Great Minds Think Alike," wouldn't that mean "Small Minds Think Alike" is true too?

  • Could I have become senile overnight?
     
  • Did that aneurysm do a lot more damage than I thought?

I kid you not, this has me worried.

Clyde

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess this means I am ready to take over the Stalker Caln. NOT! Boy! It sure is nice to see that you think I have a great mind. Never new you felt that way. By the way, I looked at a lot of cards before I choice that one. As soon as I opeded it, I knew it was the one. Your face popped into my mind when I saw the skid mark. Matt must be a chip off the old skid mark if you thought of him when you were picking out the same card.

Anonymous said...

If we do that reading our favorite Stalker clan stories from the year I would have to read this one. I have laughed so hard. It is amazing that over 800 miles between them they picked out the exact same card. Priceless.

Dinner out with Jennie.. $40 bucks
A phone call from your sisters .. $2 bucks each maybe
But... a card that sums up 59 years of having a sister that knows you so well..... PRICELESS!!!

Anonymous said...

You know what is really funny? Sarah got that same exact card for Bryan's birthday this past summer. Dad, Jeffery, and Sarah, now that's a collection of great minds if I've ever seen it. Yeah right.

Anonymous said...

Obviously there is something about this card that screams "Stalker." It must be the skidmark.

Clyde said...

Maybe it's not the senders of the card, maybe it's the recipients. So far Bryan, Matt and I have received it. If Dad gets it for his birthday next month, we'll know... it's just the perfect card for any Stalker guy.

Anonymous said...

There was a story on the news this week about two guys who have sent the same Christmas card back and forth to each other for the last 40 years. Now that we have found the perfect Birthday card, I think we could save a lot of money by just sending it to the next birthday boy all year long.