Wednesday, December 24, 2008

NAME DRAWING IN 1964

I remember when I was in the fourth grade, I got a necklace with the ten commandments on it.  If I remember correctly Jeffery got some toy playware.

Joe came in one day and we asked him what did Rita and Darrel got.  Joe said, "She got something that was worth a dollar and traded it for something that was worth only 29 cents."

Mother said, "Gee, oh, Joe!"

We asked him, "What did she get?"

Joe said, "She said she got a bubble gum machine and traded it for some paints. Darrel kept his, he got a coloring book and some crayons."

I said, "When I was in the first grade, that was what I got."

Mother told Joe she didn't know what to think about him letting her do that.  Joe said, "Ah, I just let them do whatever it is they want to."

Sherry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 52TH BIRTHDAY JEFFERY

Did you know you are just five days younger then Bo Derek. Bo Derek remains me of you. I wonder what it is she has that looks like you.

We had our Christmas on Bo's birthday this year. I heard everybody else is going to have Christmas on both birthdays.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFFERY

Anonymous said...

I barley remember some of this, but the one memory I do have of Christmas as a child, was the year Sherry got a doll with a bonnet on and when she took the bonnet off, her doll did not have any hair. She pitched a fit and Mom tried to get me to give her my doll. If she hadn't made such a fuss about the hair I probably wouldn't have cared. But I would not let her have my doll. Come to think of it I don't know why we all went so crazy, a week later both dolls had permanet marker under there noses and on their chins. Wonder who could have done such a thing. Who ever it was, drew the hair in the wrong place for Sherry's doll.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compiment Sherry. I have no idea why you think I look like her. I was looking at the pictures Shawn and Jennifer sent of the wedding and you are beautiful. You are a very pretty woman. Merry Christmas Sherry, and I hope you have a great New Year.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Meaner, I wish i had half the memory space in my brain as you do. You are amazing.