Saturday, December 29, 2007

NO BIG SURPRISE AFTER ALL

I remember a Christmas, the family wanted to surprise Clyde with a big present. Clyde was in college at the time. We got a big box put a note in the bottom of it and filled it with old catalogs. When he came home we told him that big box was his gift.

I also remember Mrs. Stapleton coming over while Clyde was home. She said, "I sure would like to be here when he opens that big thing."

If I remember correctly we put 'From Jeffery' on it or something like that. While the family was at church and I was down in the basement playing pool, Clyde got into his package. When it came time for us to open up the gifts, Clyde said, "I already been into it."

Lucille said, "Oh, yeah, while all of us was at church and Sherry was down in the basement playing pool he got into it.

Clyde said, "I didn't know what to do with all of the catalogs that were in it."

Posted by Sherry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it were JCPenny catalog then it would have been a look into his future shopping sprees.