Wednesday, March 19, 2008

HAPPY 83rd BIRTHDAY MOTHER

This March 20th is Mother's 83rd birthday! Would you believe somewhere around St. Patrick's Day and her birthday, Michelle will be exactly one-half her age.

I remember when Mother was expecting her, that was the longest, slowest period of time I have ever had. I thought for sure she was never going to have her.

I was sleeping on the couch when her and Dad got out of bed and when out the door. I was awake and was wondering if the baby is going to be here soon. It was a Saturday, no school that day.

We kept waiting all day for Mrs. Stapleton to come over and tell us. She was out in the road when we asked her. She said, "Gertrude had a little girl."

We said, "We wanted a boy, but I guess we will have to satisfied with a girl." I remember I would ask Mother what was Pumpkin doing every once in a while and she would say nothing. I remember I said, "Ah, you're having a girl."

Junice's family went down there to see her before we did. At church the next day we ask about the baby, cause we haven't seen it yet. That afternoon Dad took us down to see her. We had to sneak Jeffery in to see her.

I remember it was raining the day Mother came home from the hospital. Lynn Coleman came down just before she got home. When she got home, Lucille took the umbrella out to the car. Mother handed her the baby. All of that waiting finally came to an end.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER

Thank you for the baby!

Grandma Stalker Photos

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a memory you have Sherry. And Happy Birthday Mom. I had to sing Happy Birthday to her twice. Once in the morning (I was first. The call from Michelle the night before does't count.)and again yesterday afternoon. I even gave her the old Marilyn Monroe version. She just giggled a lot.
love you Mom
Jeff

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mamaw! We love you!
Crystal

Anonymous said...

I am still getting the hint about a card. I have heard about every card she got. I will be up there over spring break and give her a birthday hug. Love ya mom.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to get a card too. (Guess the StalkerClan has spoiled me.) Somehow I thought driving the 300 miles (round trip) might suffice but "Nooo." Sorry Mom. Maybe I'll do better next year. Love you. Hope you and Dad are feeling better.