Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Parenting Skills

Dog TrainingWhile Dad was down in January he told us about a dog he had when he was a boy.  He told us he trained this dog to hunt squirrels.  Their first hunting trip the dog went after a ground squirrel.  This burnt Dad up!  He said he bawled that dog out good, for about thirty minutes.  That dog never went after another ground squirrel. 

At that moment I realized where Dad had acquired his parenting skills.  His hunting dogs had provided him with the tools needed for rasing one lazy boy and four sweet girls.  I can still remember getting balled out for something and NEVER doing that again.  NEVER EVER!  What ever it was!

Jeff

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if dad ever watned to tie us up to the clothes line the way he did his dogs. I bet Mom would have gone with that idea with me. Between keeping me out of the highway and out of the river, she said she just about lost it. Thanks mom for keeping me safe. I have to wonder though, did mom ever look around and see Meaner with her Wilk going on during those times. Sounds like a Meaner trick to me.
Jeff

Anonymous said...

I didnt even have to have the talking to just daddy looking at me was enough to make me tremble in fear. It is still working today.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should get bumper stickers for him and Ted that say "Everything I know I learned from my dog."