Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Kick Aunt Traci's Butt

Amber was on her way out to pick up Grandmother. She and the kids were riding in their new car, the clean, neat, spotless new car that the kids were not allowed to eat or drink in. She stopped at a Handy Way to get gas and pick up a few things inside.  As she was pulling in she saw several trucks with the Get-R-Done tree service logo on the side.  She knew her sister had to be around.

Inside, Traci had spotted Amber. As Amber parked her car she saw Traci coming her way.  They hugged each other and Amber went inside, expecting Traci to still be by her car when she returned.  She looked out the window and saw Traci lean inside the car and leave at what seemed like a very fast pace.  She thought this was very odd.  Traci always wanted to talk about something.
 
She paid for her stuff and went on to her car.  She got in, started the car and drove onto the road.  All of a sudden Caitlyn spoke up and said, "Momma, Aunt Traci said, 'Amber is gong to kick my butt.'"

Amber wondered why she would say that.  She asked Caitlyn, "Why would Aunt Traci say that?"

Caitlyn said, "Aunt Traci said you are going to kick her butt, Mom."

"I know Caitlyn, but why did she say that?"

"Mom, look at me."

Amber turned to see Caitlyn with a big jug of Yahoo and a full bag of M&Ms.  Caleb had the same.  "Yes Caitlyn, Momma is going to kick Aunt Traci's butt!"

Kick her butt, Mommy.

eMail from Jeff

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caitlyn just happened to be checking the stalker clan with me this morning. I actually did not know this story had been posted. When we scrolled down and her picture appeared she squealed, "hey, that's me ,Mom!!!" I was unable to read any other stories for about ten minutes. She kept staring and saying things like, "AWWW I'm so cute, Mom!!" and "Look at Caitlyn, Mom!!" She definately has no self esteem problems. We bought goldfish for our pond yesterday. I named mine Pony, Caleb named his Jake and Caitlyn insisted hers be named Caitlyn Jean. (Austin is still at his mom's)

Anonymous said...

Aunt Michelle loves to hear stories about the great nieces and nephews!!

Anonymous said...

She really is a cutie. I can't believe she is so grown up and I still haven't seen her. Guess I'm going to have to do something about that.