Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Fond Farewell

Pat had his last final exam last Friday and packed up to come home. He decided to go to the rest room before heading out. While he was standing there taking care of business and minding his own, a guy came in and threw up all over him.

He had to go back and take a shower and change into clean clothes. (Of course he double bagged the contaminated clothing and brought it home to his Mom. Mother's Day was coming up.) 

Just as I was watching …Tornado Warning for Madison County… on the news and panicking, he called me to say that he was getting on the interstate.  The storms chased him all the way home.  It was raining so hard I opened the garage door so he could pull inside to get out of his car. 

Isn't there a song about farewell for the summer?  I'm not so sure Pat was humming it on his way home.

Luci

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MEANER IS IN NEED

I have this quarter chart that has places for 100 state quarters. I have to admit I have all of the Pennsylvania state quarters.

Unfornuately, I haven't got these Deaver quarters. Minnesota, Oregon, Kansas, Nevada, Nebraska, Colorado, South Dakota, Montana Washington, Idaho, Utah, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Alaska, and Hawaii.

I would appreciate it very much if I received them soon. So if anybody wants to help Meaner get her quarter chart filled so I can get it put on the wall for everybody to look at when they come visit.

Please send to:

Sherry Coffey
1538 Road Creek Road
Elkhorn City, Ky 41522

Thank you!

Jeff said...

That sure like a night not to remember in the picture. Poor old Pat, or should I say Luci. She had to wash the germs.