Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Facebook Foto Find

A while back, I won’t say how long,  I decided to give Facebook a try.  I had overheard a lot of people talking about how great it was.  I went to the Facebook website and entered the information needed to register.  I immediately got a message that said …

Our computerized registration system has rejected your name.   


I looked back at what I had entered, CLYDE STALKER.  I had spelled it right, there shouldn’t be anything wrong.  You would think I had entered ADOLPH HITLER or CHARLES MANSON or JEFFREY DAHLMER or GEORGE W. BUSH or something worse.   It took several days and emails back and forth to convince them that Stalker was really my last name and I was not a threat to anyone.  Apparently Facebook doesn’t want anything to do with Stalkers.  I didn’t dare tell them I was half Looney.

I wish I had known before I went to all that trouble,  Facebook is all based on  FRIENDSHIP; making connections with friends, sharing photos with friends, chatting with friends and so on.  Well, when I finally did get connected it dawned on me,  I had probably wasted my time … I don’t have any friends. 

Not knowing what else to do, I sent ‘Friend Requests’ to everyone in my email address book, and waited, … and waited.  I would log on every now and then to see if anyone had responded to one of my requests, just to go away disappointed.  It reminded me of checking to see if anyone has made comments on the StalkerClan.

Earlier this week I was just about to give up and delete my account when, lo and behold, someone responded to one of my friend requests.    I was so excited my mouse cursor was bouncing around all over the screen as I tried to click on the link to find out who it was.    I finally hit the right spot and up popped a little box that said…

Luci S Potter accepted your friend request.


You gotta be kidding me!  I jump through all these hoops, enter my personal profile, upload a photo of myself, risk infection by a computer virus or worse, and what do I get … LUCI.  Facebook is fast fading from my favorites file.

Feeling obligated I follow the link to see Luci’s Facebook page.  Turns out she has about the same number of friends I have.  That’s odd, Michelle is on her Friends List.  I wonder why Michelle hasn’t responded to MY friend request? 

I do make one interesting find.  Luci has posted a photo of the flower garden in her back yard.

Oh well, if I ever make any more friends or find anything else interesting, I will try to share it here for those who can’t do Facebook.  I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Clyde

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I thought I did respond to your friends request. How many friends to you have now?

Luci said...

Michelle signed me up when she was here one weekend. I had the same experience with our name. I wondered if any of my old school mates would know who I was without the Stalker but went ahead with just the initial rather than hassle with e-mailing. Michelle seems to really enjoy the virtual farm and other things to do on Facebook but I have real weeds to pull and real beans and tomatoes to pick so I don't get it. So far, I much prefer the StalkerClan. I already know (or can remember) the people, and always get a chuckle even if I have to look back at old stuff.

Luci said...

Jeff asked me to let everyone know that her computer is down.

Sherry said...

WHAT A HELP CLYDE IS!!!!

I went to Clyde's Wednesday to leave Mother so I can go to Rite Aid's. When I got there he handed me five coupons reading, "Buy $25 worth and get $5 off."

One of the purchases was three fusion razors. Regular $10 on sale for $8. I purchased them and the total came to $24, I had to purchase a toothpaste on sale $2.69 free after rebate. The total came to $28.26. I gave them a $5 store coupon that brought it down to $23.26. Then I gave them the three $4 manufacture coupons and that brought it down to $11.26. I put the receipt on Michelle rebate to get $2.69 so the purchase will be $8.57. Guess what somebody is going to get Fusion razors in their goody bags this Christmas!

I also want you to know I came up here to the library and got a big surprise!

I looked up on the google just like Clyde said, and behold! the coupons said expire 8/31/09. I finely got the hang on how to use their printer and copier up here, what a blessing! I copied the coupon and printed it off on the printer. After that I cut it out and put it in the copier and made another one I cut it out and put it beside the other one and it copied out two. I cut them out and put them in beside the others and it copied out four. I cut them out and put them beside the others and make seven copies. I got almost a hundred of them and it only cost me a dollar.

Michelle said...

Boy that Clyde is a life saver for sure.