Saturday, August 8, 2009

Anniversary to Remember

Jim and Michelle celebrated their 20th Wedding Anniversary this past week.  As I understand it, they spent a romantic day driving up to Lexington because Luci was going to the hospital.

I understand that china is the traditional gift for a couple’s 20th anniversary .  I did find this listing of alternative gifts on the internet:

20th Wedding Anniversary

An antique china dinnerware set, platter or tea set is perfect for this occasion. Other options are a personalized china anniversary plate, a china butterfly, or a china basket of porcelain or china flowers. If China is too difficult, platinum jewelry is an easier alternative that will certainly be loved by the recipient!

 

Traditional:
China
 
Modern:
China
 
Alternate Modern:
Platinum
   
             
  • Fine china
  • Wedgwood
  • Moorcroft
  • Waterford Crystal
  • Royal Doulton
 
  • Vase
  • A trip to China
  • A romantic dinner in your local Chinatown
 
  • Platinum flowers
  • Platinum jewelry
  • Platium trimmed flatware
  • Platinum hit records
   

I wonder if the Styrofoam china in the hospital cafeteria qualifies?  I bet Jim doesn’t get off that easy.

Clyde

4 comments:

Michelle said...

We spent the day in a whirlwind as usual. Jeremy had 2 dental appointments. Luci got sick and we made a trip to St. Joes to get her. Then I got lost in the hospital and Jim had to come and find me. All the while Luci was sitting in the car waiting on us. I spent the evening trying to help Luci feel better and petting on her a little. She is a great big sister putting eveyone else first instead of herself and Jim and I didnt mind a bit taking care of her when she needed us. Jim made 2 trips to Mt. Sterling for us but Lke Jim said he wouldnt have it any other way.

Sherry said...

I remember when Michelle got married Jim all at once became an instant Uncle to ten.

Anonymous said...

He is a good Uncle to all 10!!

Luci said...

Happy Anniversary and Thanks guys. I don't know what I would have done without Jim and Michelle. He drove her up and brought me home and then came back the next day to get her. As usual, she had me laughing so much I forgot about feeling bad. It is wonderful to have family!*!*!*!*!*!