Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Summer Vacation by Emily

School will be starting soon and little Emily Isgette will be heading off to the classroom.  I wonder if Grandma Jeff is going to have a lot of explaining to do when Emily does the traditional “What I did on Summer Vacation” report.


MY SUMMER VACATION

This summer my Grandma and my Granddaddy, I love my Granddaddy, took me and my brother Blair Bear to a place called Kentucky.  It is a funny place. 

In Kentucky ever body talks real loud, they never use their inside voice.  They yell “Hey Carlos” or “Where’s Sherry” or “What’s for supper?”   It’s funny.

They only get one television station in Kentucky .   Granddaddy, I love my Granddaddy, said it was something called Fox News.  They talk real loud on Fox News too.

The very bestest part of Kentucky is something called Stalker Daze.  Grandma and Granddaddy, I love my Granddaddy, took us there.  Stalker Daze is a lot like Christmas. Kids get lots of toys and lots of pretty new clothes.  I got this dress I got on at Stalker Daze.

We got to play out in the yard.  We played with this big ball that sprayed water.  We got Aunt Jennie wet, I love my aunt Jennie too.

And we all played with bubbles that we got .


I was the best one at blowing bubbles. Granddaddy, I love my granddaddy, said it was because I had a lot of Stalker in me.

We all got new kites to play with.  Granddaddy, I love my Granddaddy, never could get mine to fly.  I think there was something wrong with it.

We got to meet a lot of our relatives.

That’s not one of them but it looks like some of them.

My favorite part of Stalker Daze was getting to camp out.  We camped out in Aunt Luci’s camper.  It was really rough.  There was only one bathroom and it had the smallest  refrigerator I’ve ever seen.  Granddaddy, I love my granddaddy, said we was really roughing it.  I don’t know how we survived.

And that’s what I did on my summer vacation.

Emily

 

 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I loved the summer report. She sure mentioned her granddaddy a lot. I guess grandma was busy chasing the rest of the Stalkers.

Luci said...

A wonderful time was had by all. The Schells are truely great hosts. It was great to get together. Watching the kids was so much fun. It almost made me want grandkids of my own.