Monday, August 17, 2009

Obituary - Mrs. McGhee

Sherry wanted me to post this on the StalkerClan.  Mrs. McGhee was one of Sherry’s favorite teachers in school.  This information is from the J. W. Call and Son Funeral Home website.

  Susy Belle Ramey McGhee  7-26-2009


Suzy Belle Ramey McGhee, 74, of Pikeville, was born April 25, 1935 to the late Fred Lee and Ruby Moore Ramey. She was preceded in death by her husband of 47 years, James Edwin McGhee, who died November 29, 2003, and her brother, John Dot Ramey in 1980.

She is survived by her son, Jay McGhee and his wife, Carol, of Pikeville; and by her daughter, Cindy Wright, and her husband, Dr. Terry Wright of Pikeville; and one sister, Jane Ramey of Winchester, KY.

She also leaves five grandchildren, who were the loves of her life, Jamie McGhee, Louisville, Jordan McGhee, Lexington, Bennett Quarles and Dillon Quarles, Lexington, and Molly Wright, Pikeville and one nephew: John Ramey of Independence, KY.

She is a graduate of Pikeville College Training School, Pikeville High School, Pikeville College and Eastern Kentucky University. She was a teacher in the Pike County School System for many years. After retirement, she and her husband enjoyed traveling to many places around the world.


2 comments:

Sherry said...

I have to admit she was my Sophomore home room teacher, I didn't have her as a classroom teacher. I remember I was the only one in my home room that year to make perfect attendance.

I did make some Christmas stories in the past about her. "The Label Maker" and "We Make a Wish Come True."

Our home room was in the lunchroom, she always wanted me to set beside her and talk to her all of the time. I don't know why but she liked to hear me talk. I also remember being in the gym I was sitting on the bottom step she came and set beside me. She asked me why didn't I choose being in the choir. I told her it was only a half credit course for the year and I wanted full credit year courses.

She nodded her head up and down with a smile.

That was the only year she taught. I haven't seen her since. I heard she was teaching school at Millard High
School just before I started working there as a cook to keep my
AFDC check. That was the last year she taught then she retired.

I will still remember you!

Luci said...

I don't remember Mrs. McGhee but I'm so glad Sherry has fond memories of her. It sounds like she was a wonderful person who had a positive impact on our sweet Meaner.