Thursday, May 27, 2010

Strawberry Picking

We have a wonderful strawberry patch thanks to Jim’s Mom and Dad. We invited Luci and Chris down last week and this weekend we had Shawn and Jennifer.  Jennifer is a strawberry picking machine!  We picked and made over 21 jars of jam for her and Shawn.



While we were working I would say, “Now Mr. and Mrs. Spickler would like this strawberry, or this jam, or these berries, and Jennifer would say, "Why are you talking about Mr. and Mrs. Spickler?  Talk about Jennifer might like this strawberry, or this jam, or these berries.”
By the end of the day she had trained me right. I was saying “Jennifer” every time I would say “Strawberry”.  I hope she and Shawn had a good time, and Zoey their baby boxer.  I know we did.

Michelle

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We had a great time!!! We came home with 27 jars of jam and a ton of fresh strawberries. Mom and Dad got to enjoy the harvest too! Thanks for having us down, we had a great time. Zoe is truly one of us, she loves strawberries too!!