Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Take a Deep Breathe If You Can.

As babies,  it seemed that instead of learning the correct names for our body parts, we were expected to learn about poultry.  Adults would confuse us by touching our forehead and proclaiming it to be a rooster, our nose was said to be a pullet and then our chin was called a hen.  The test of our intelligence came when we were asked, "What did I say this was?" (while pointing to our nose).  Of course, if you correctly answered "Pullet" they would take great delight in pulling your nose.  Joe and Willie never tired of this game.  As long as Mom and Dad kept supplying them with victims, they would keep on torturing them. I wonder if they were as cruel to their own kids. What is the statute of limitations on child abuse?

As soon as you could walk, anytime any adult noticed you, they grabbed your nose and then stuck their thumb between two fingers and exclaimed, "I got your nose." You were then expected to chase them endlessly trying to retrieve your missing body part.

When you add to these favorites, Maw Rachel's custom of pushing the end of your nose down and then pinching your nostrils together to keep you from getting a big nose, I wonder "How did we manage to reach puberty with our noses intact?"  How many of us have deviated a septum, use C Pap machines, snore like chainsaws, and/or wear Breath Right nose strips 24-7?  But hey, we do have good looking noses.

Thanks, Maw Rachel.

Luci

2 comments:

Sherry said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

I know this is mother's 61th Mother's Day of being a mother. I have to admit it also Luci's 40th high school graduation anniversity also.
HAPPY 40TH GRADUATION LUCI!!!

Happy 43th graduation Clyde

Happy 37th to myself and Happy 26 to Michelle.

Happy 14th Carlos and Happy 12 Shawn!

Michelle said...

I liked that story, I remeber the nose game. But I dont remember maw grabing mine, I guess I was born with a perfect nose.