Friday, May 21, 2010

Testing the Wheel Chair Ramp

Michelle seems to be the only one who believed the photo of Mom’s Wheel Chair Ramp that I posted earlier so I figured I would go to Road Creek and take a few more pictures.  Just like I told everyone, the ramp starts at the door to the carport and runs level all the way across it…



At the outside of the carport, it slopes down and ends under one of the metal sheds where Sherry parks Mom’s car…



There’s also a set of stairs that exit down to the carport for frequent trips to the deep freezers lined up there…



I’m sure you know who is trying to take credit for all the work done to get it built…



But I found out who the real carpenter was…



With the wheelchair company coming today to check everything out we figured a test of the ramp was needed.  I let Mom hold my camera while I tried to push her across and down the ramp in a regular wheelchair.  It didn’t go quite like I expected…



I caught up with her right at the creek.  Thank goodness for those big crossties at the edge of the bridge. 

I’m wondering if maybe we could charge people for rides?  What do they charge for tickets to The Beast at Kings Island?

Clyde

4 comments:

Luci said...

I can't believe he didn't take my suggestion and build a wrap around porch. We could have jacked those freezers up. Grandma could have wheeled right out the front door grabbed her green beans on the fly and then in the back door without ever haveing to throw her Rascal into reverse. And more importantly without getting Sherry or Carlos out of bed.

Amber said...

Mamaw!!!......That was a very disturbing video! I'm not sure what was more troubling, Mamaw's ride of terror or the heavy loud thudding sounds her wheelchair made as it hurdeled towards the creek! Hang in there Mamaw! I will try to get you down here to Fl where there are no steep hills or heavy thudding wheelchairs to traumatize you!

Anonymous said...

You might want to talk to Crystal about liability insurance first.

Michelle said...

I think Clyde should give it a few test runs before it is open to our little mom to ride.