Thursday, January 17, 2008

Chicken Feed Millionaires

Thank the Lord, we finally moved out of Hoot Owl Ridge and off of Coot Rd. If those names don't say enough for the neighborhood, I don't know what else would describe it. We are now in the lovely town of Hollister and are living on a five acre, fenced in lot. We absolutely love it.

There is an eight stall, horse barn and the woman we bought the place from was kind enough to leave about 40 chickens. These chickens are everywhere!  Mrs. Corey wanted to let them be free and happy, but for my happiness, I do believe Danny will be building a coop.

Chickens

Cameron is fascinated by every aspect of this new life. He spends every second with the horse and when she is eating, he is chasing chickens. I am so glad to keep him entertained.

It is, however, a battle to get him in the house at night. Once he has taken his bath, I don't like him to go back out. He tries everything to get back out. Sometimes we have to go out and he claims he is scared in the house alone. I asked him why he was so afraid. I assured him that we were in a much safer area than we had been in when we resided on Coot Rd.

His reply tickled me to death. It went something like this... "But Momma! People will break in and rob us. They will think we are rich now."  I thought he was referring to the new place and how much bigger everything is. Then he spat out... "People will think we are rich because we have all of these chickens and they will know how much money we will save not having to buy eggs."

I about fell over with laughter. The mind of a child. How great it is.

Posted by Traci

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so funny. cameron is a trip. by the way, why haven't i been invited out yet?? p.s. can i borrow some money? now that you are so rich from not having to buy eggs. lol j/k

Anonymous said...

The Jeffery Hen's family has finally arrived. I see Jeffery Hen, Roo, Panda, Bear, Crystal Fawn, Lamber and Mindy Moo. I think I see Camerson, Cason, Austin, Caleb, Caitlyn, Emily and Blain among all of those chickens.

Anonymous said...

I loved this story. Cameron has the right idea. If you can provide your own food you are a millionaire. I may have to get a few chickens myself.