Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Football Nicknames

Hurry! Hurry! Read All About It.
Grandpa's Bragging Rights Taken Away!

Our Son Robert, Daughter-n-law Brenda and our sweet Grandson Cody came to visit from Louisiana during the Christmas Holidays. We really enjoyed their visit. They were such a blessing to have. We hope they can come visit again real soon.

Cody 'Duct Tape' RatliffCody plays football and Robert was telling us a little about his team and how they all play together. He told us that Cody tackles the quarterback. He went on to say that when Cody gets his man, he wraps him up so tight he can't get loose and this is why his nickname is 'Duck Tape'. "Fine nickname for a football player," I thought.

Well, a few days later Robert, Cody, Randy, Cousin Jason and Uncle Larry were sitting at the kitchen table talking and Grandpa started bragging on Cody. He told Uncle Larry and Cousin Jason how good Cody was at football. He told them that Cody would wrap the quarterback up so tight they nicknamed him 'Tape Worm'. Oh My! This started a chain reaction of, "No Dad, not Tape Worm! Duck Tape! Duck Tape, Dad!"

Oh the disgrace of it all! Grandpa was now experiencing a little duck tape himself. They all wanted to wrap him up. Now I was sharing this story with my sister Luci. She laughed and laughed. When she finally calmed down she said, "That is so funny. Did you know Clyde's nickname when he played football was Round Worm?" Go figure. So many worms in the family. I had no idea!

Posted by Jeff

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew that was Clydes nickname.

Anonymous said...

They really called him "Round Man" for obvious reasons.

Anonymous said...

I laugh everytime I think of this story. I'm glad it is somewhre I can read it again in later years.