Monday, January 7, 2008

Fishing Camp Advertisement

Dad has been asking each time we talk if anyone has been fishing. I always say 'no' that no one has been on the lake in a while. So today, Randy and I had a few minutes and we headed out on the water. We baited our hooks and threw them in. We were only out a few minutes when Randy caught what he calls the biggest speck he has ever seen. He says they call a speck that big a slab. He was thrilled! I had my cell phone with me so I called Dad to brag a little.

RING RING

Mom: Hello?
Me:    Hello Mom, what are you doing?
Mom: Well honey, me and you Dad have been out walking in the yard. It is so nice here today. In the hi 50's. How is it there honey?
Me:    Well Mom, I hate to tell you but Randy and I are out in the boat and it is in the hi 70's.
Mom: Really. That sure sounds good.
Me:    Where is Dad?
Mom: He is right here.
Me:    Tell him Randy caught a slab and see what he says.
Mom: Ott, Randy caught a slab.
Ott:    A slab! Let me talk to old two hands. I want to talk about that.

He gets on the phone and is thrilled about the fact that the fish are biting and that Randy will agree to save that slab for his dinner when he gets here.

So Dad, here is a little more inspiration to get you spurred on to Florida:

Someone is missing in this picture... 

Come on down boys.  The water is fine.

Oranges and Fish, who could ask for anything more?

Supper is on its way!

Posted by Jeff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am suprised that daddy is not on the dock today. I heard he had the big one, maybe he will feel better now.