Saturday, September 5, 2009

Baby Girl

I need to give a little background info for some of the newest members of the Clan.

    I was the baby, and I do mean baby, of the family until my little sister Michelle came along, when I was 10 years old. So at the very young age of 10, I lost all my ‘baby rights’.

    • Dad worked the evening shift, so Mom would let me sleep with her. After Michelle I was thrown into bed with my very prissy sister Lucy. I was told she read in a book that your body would grow in the way you sleep. She insisted that I sleep as straight as a stick on my back. I could not sleep within two feet of her, or touch her. She insisted I wear socks due to the intense pain she might endure from an accidental toe nail encounter. She would not sing to me or tell me bear tales as Mom called them. The only stories she told were ones she read in a book that would scare me into giving in to her wants. She was a big disappointment compared to my MOM.

    • When Michelle was born she was way too fragile. I was always in trouble for hurting her in some way. I was just wanting to play with her. One day Dad, who had been in the hospital for six weeks due to back surgery, walked in the door and I was trying to show him how Michelle could hold onto my fingers and walk. Michelle (wanting to get me in trouble and get Dad’s attention, I finally figured her out ) let go of my hands and fell in the floor. Dad got all upset! To this day I still have to hear that story at least twice each visit I have with him.

    • Dad’s dinner bucket was always a thrill. He would leave us a treat inside. But then Luci taught Michelle how to open everything (Lulu opens everything.) As soon as she figured out Dad’s lunch box, it was all over. She ruled the house. No longer was I the baby girl. I was just plain old Jeff. The girl with the very short hair with a boys name. (I was ruined, ruined I say.)

    • Now if I wanted any attention, I had to get it from other sources, my aunts or Mama Rachel. So off I went in pursuit of someone to baby me. One particular day, I went down to see our Aunt Virgie ( sweetest woman ever). I asked her if I could spend the night and she was trilled to have me. She called our neighbor, Mrs. Stapleton, and had her holler over to our house and ask Mom if I could spend the night. Off I went to get my clothes for staying over at Aunt Virgie’s house. On my way home I met Luci carrying a bag. I asked, “Where are you going?”

      She very smugly answered, “Aunt Virgie needs someone to spent the night with her, and Mom said I could.” At that very moment, I threw myself down in the dirt road and threw a tantrum. I was so upset! Luci paid no attention, just snickered and went on her way to take my night with Aunt Virgie.

      • These are just a few of the thing that happened to be after losing my ‘baby rights’.




      So here is the rest of the story.

      Mindy is now with in a place where the family is very good to her. She is treated so good. Only God had the ability to place her in such a blessed place. She has a lot ahead of her, but she has a very strong support group to help her. She is not alone in her pursuit of a better life. She is very blessed.



      One of the things that has really stuck in my mind is the name they have given her where she is staying… ‘Baby Girl’. I love it! Fits her perfect. But just to let you all know, this name for her is used in such a loving way, it almost makes me cry. She calls the couple she is staying with Mom and Dad in return.

      The following is a conversation I had with Mindy after she had spoke with Randy. He had talked with her about selling her cars to help pay some of the expenses she has. She let him know she wants to keep her cars.


      Me: Hey, Mindy. Mindy: Hey, Mom, I really don’t want to sell my cars. They are the only things I own now and I really don’t want to get rid of them. Me: Well Mindy, what are you going to do with them? Your car needs a lot done to it and we just don’t have the funds to do that right now. Mindy: Dad (new dad) said he would help me fix it up.

      Now my mind went to working on just how much she had it made, and did she have any idea how much she had it made.


      Me: Mindy, when we go to court, can I request that you stay here with Randy and the children, and I can go stay there. They can all call me ‘Baby Grandma.’ I would really love that!


      Needless to say she is not ready to give up her title yet. Ruined again!

      Jeff

      5 comments:

      Luci said...

      I sure hope that tongue was doctored. The rest of the picture looks pretty realistic. I have to listen to that story about stealing Jeff's night with Aunt Virgie every time I see her. But it was worth it. I really loved staying with Aunt Virgie.

      Clyde said...

      Lucky Find

      Jeff called me a couple days ago and said I would have to doctor some baby pictures to go with this story she was sending. She still thinks I doctor up photos on the StalkerClan. I couldn't believe my luck when I did a Google search for baby pictures. The photo of the two babies popped up right away. I didn't have to correct any red-eye or anything. What a lucky find!

      Baby Grandma said...

      Where is my bonnet. I want a bonnet!!! Waaaa! Waaaaa! Waaaaaa!

      Baby Girl said...

      oh my gosh. you had to get the picture of me where i looked HIGH didnt ya? lol, now truth be know the undoctored picture would be of me trying to lick the chocolate off of her face while she fought me off trying to save some for later. hahaha you are a pure genus uncle clyde. that was great. i love you all and i got to get back to my new bubbas now.

      Michelle said...

      When Shawn took over being the baby I put him in the middle between me and mom and told him stories of the tar baby. He would laugh. We called it the hole he was sleeping in.