Wednesday, September 23, 2009

De-Friended on Facebook

I have been de-friended on Facebook.  I can’t believe it!  I’m devastated!

I logged into Facebook this morning and browsed around for a few minutes.  It occurred to me, after a bit, that I hadn’t seen anything from Crystal recently.  I thought to myself, “I’ll go check her wall to see what is going on in her world.”

I clicked on the link to show my ‘friends list’ and scrolled down it looking for Crystal.  She wasn’t there.  I clicked on the link again and made sure it was showing ‘All Friends’, not just ‘Recent Friends’ or ‘Friends I Actually Like’ or something like that.   I scrolled through the list again, still no Crystal.  All I can figure is… she has de-friended me!

What have I done to deserve this?  Did I go too far with that story about Robbie’s sand-castle swamp and the Tennessee fans?  Was it the Hen Tale for her birthday?  Why would she do this to me?

I’m really going to miss seeing all the pictures Crystal posted to her account.  No more ‘Cason’s First Baseball Practice’ or ‘Cason’s First Game’.  No more pictures of all the Ratliff and McInnis families, especially the kids.  This really hurts!  It hurts worse than the Ski-Biscuit ride.  No, wait a minute,  that’s not right, it doesn’t hurt that bad.  It’s a different kind of hurt, in a different place, but not that bad.

I’m really having a hard time dealing with this rejection.  I wonder, is there a support group for people de-friended on Facebook?  Where do they meet?  Do they have a Facebook page?  Gosh, I hope they don’t use Twitter.

Clyde

4 comments:

Clyde said...

FALSE ALARM

Hey, I wasn't de-friended after all! Crystal just deactivated her account for a day. I guess she de-friended everybody for 24 hours.

That makes me feel so much better. I should have known no one would de-friend a fine, upstanding, honorable, handsome, personable, friendly, knowledgeable, trustworthy fellow like me. Did I mention handsome? Oh yeah, I did.

Michelle said...

MMMMHH where is that defriend button at again???

Luci said...

I can understand the motivation to defriend. Michelle talked me into getting on Facebook to meet "men." Clyde immediately put on photos of me gorging myself with food and slobbering in my sleep.

Crystal said...

hahaha! I thought my acct had a virus, so i deactivated... wow, you are so sensitive, Aunty Clyde!! LOL