Saturday, October 24, 2009

Chris’ Birthday 2009

On Chris' birthday I thought I would tell a couple of my favorite Chris Tales. 


Grandma came to stay with us for a few days when I had Pat. I was taking it easy when I heard a blood curdling scream come from the laundry room. I ran out there to see what had happened. Grandma was holding her breath and pointing to a dead mouse on the floor next to a pair of Chris' jeans.  She finally got out the story that she stuck her hand in the pocket of the jeans to empty it out before putting them in the washer.  She pulled out a dead mouse - hence the scream. She left no doubt that in her opinion someone deserved some serious punishment.

I yelled for Chris (almost 6 at the time). I asked, "Chris did you put a dead mouse in your pocket?"

He looked at me with that totally innocent look of his and and said, "Of course not. Why would I do that?"  Then the truth of the situation hit him and he screamed, "MY MOUSE IS DEAD. OH NO!" Both he and Grandma were inconsolable. As usual I was between a rock and a hard place.

( Chris and his mouse make me think of  THIS SONG. )


When Pat was about 4 or 5 and Chris about 11 or 12, they invited a couple of their friends to go fishing with them.  The older boys were putting the worms on the hooks for the younger boys. As boys will do, they were competing as to which one was better at baiting hooks.  Chris' friend declared "I'm  the Master." 

Chris calmly replied, "So that makes you the Master Baiter."  I think the  poor guy still goes by that nickname.

Happy Birthday "Number One."

Love You

Mom

Luci

2 comments:

Your Favorite Aunt said...

Happy Birthday Chris,

Love Maw, Paw, Sherry, Carlos, Shawn and Jennifer

The Schell Gang said...

I think he is our boy too. Have a wonderful day Chris P. Love ya!!