Monday, October 5, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAT MASTERSON

Willie Ray will turn 67 this day October 5. 

I was listening to Lucille during Stalker Daze.  We were talking about bats.  She said, "I remember the posts that held up the porch tops, either at our brown house or Maw Rachael's house. CLICK for larger view. I remember there was a small hole in one of them and bats would go in or out that hole.  I remember Willie Ray would take a baseball bat and hit the post and if a bat came out he would hit it with the bat."

If Willie Ray's nickname was Bat, it would be.. “Bat hits bat with bat.”

When I got back home Willie Ray came up to help pick beans. I told him about this tale. He said, "Now, you don't believe such tales as that do you?"

I said, "Yes, I do.  I believe every tale they tell on you!"

 

HAPPY 67TH BIRTHDAY UNCLE WILLIE

Sherry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLIE RAY

Love, Gertrude, Herman, Sherry, Carlos, Shawn and Jennifer.

Luci said...

Happy Birthday Willie. Hope you have a great one.

The Schell Gang said...

Happy Birthday!!