Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Karaoke Kid

I have to tell you all about the class clown in my room. He is a cross between Dennis the Menace and Archie Bunker.

One day we were getting ready to eat breakfast and I said, "Now Connor, you know you can’t have a chocolate milk for breakfast."

He balled his hands into a fist, threw them down at his sides and, with the most serious look on his face, said, "A WOMAN does NOT tell a MAN what to do!"

I said, "Well when I see a man I will remember that, but you’re not getting a chocolate milk!"  He huffed off to the table and ate his cereal with white milk.



Later that week we brought the Karaoke machine out for them to tell a joke, sing a song or tell a story. Connor walked up the microphone and said, “I want to tell a story.”  He started by saying, "I have monsters in my bedroom at night."  He described the head , the arms, the legs and the feet this monster had. It was a frightening monster.

Having the Karaoke machine going full blast it was a rather loud tale. Then, all of the sudden, he said, "And when I see that monster, I kick it’s A$$.”

I made a face and my assistant started dying laughing. I was just hoping that the principal was not in the building, because I am sure she could have heard it without any problem.

Art Linkletter had it right… Kids Say the Darndest Things.

Michelle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We better check that boy's DNA. Oot Stalker has been to London a few times.

Clyde said...

I wonder if Conner may have been watching this video on MySpace.

Michelle said...

No she was to cute, I am sure she was watching Connor.