Friday, October 9, 2009

Tree Frogs

Jennifer just posted a picture of a tree frog on Facebook. It appears to be stuck on a window.

Jennifer's new pet


This would have been so exciting to my boys, and Michelle's, when they were young. It reminded me of a couple of old stories - one of which was probably reported on the Clan but the other was too long ago.


 

When Chris and Pat were young, I ordered barking tree frogs. We loved them!

Their terrarium ended up in Ted's room. It turned out they only barked at night. I never actually heard them.

Somehow they managed to escape from their terrarium and out the door.


It also reminds me of another adventure at the lake. One weekend we had two Sea-Doos to try out. Jim, Michelle and Jeremy were on one, Ted and I on another. Apparently Jim's doo-rag flew off and when he leaned over to pick it up, Michelle followed the rules of motorcycle riding and leaned with him. The Sea-Doo turned over. 

We could hear Jeremy screaming over the motor of our Sea-Doo from a mile away. I thought one of them must be seriously hurt. When we got there it turned out that Jeremy’s tree frog had gotten out of the compartment he put it in. We know Jeremy is capable of true love.

Luci

3 comments:

Clyde said...

Those barking tree frogs must be really intelligent to be able to get out of that terrarium, hop across the room, open the door to the outside and escape... all without waking Ted up. I wonder how they did it.

Anonymous said...

It's almost as impressive as Michelle's story about sperm.

Michelle said...

LOL I forgot about that story!!