Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Set Up for a Fall

Everybody denies it but I am convinced I was set up for a fall at Stalker Days.   I'm not sure if they all planned it together or if just a few are guilty, but I know they set me up.  Here's what happened...

It was about time for the steaks to come off the grill so I decided to wander out to the back deck to be near the action, and to make sure I got one before they all disappeared.  I stepped out the back door and the deck was already full.  There was only one chair available, a large, green plastic, rocking chair.  Now there were people sitting in all sorts of fold-up chairs, plastic stacking chairs, even several sitting on pop coolers, but no one had chosen to sit in this particular rocker.    I couldn't imagine why but I was soon to find out.

Being the trusting, naive, innocent kind of fellow that I am, I moseyed over and sat in the chair.  It seemed fine until I rocked back the first time... CRACK and CRASH!  I found myself sitting in what was left of the chair, stuck in the right angle between the deck and the back wall of the house.   There I lay with my feet up in the air, my chin wedged into my chest, and my arms flailing like a turtle on it's back.

Would you believe, not one soul came to my aid.  No one even got out of their seat!  They sat there laughing.  Someone said, "Get the camera,"  but the camera was already there and ready for use. (More evidence that I was set up.)  Here is the photo...

 

I've shown my ass lotsa' times but never like that.


By this time I've managed to roll out of the chair and I'm trying to get to my feet.  Notice how there is still no one trying to help me... no one at all!

  • Bryan looks like he is thinking, "If he isn't up by the time I finish my Pepsi, I might give the old fool a hand." 

  • I could hear Ted.  He was saying, "I've shown my ass lotsa'  times but never like that."

  • I'm not sure whose foot that is aiming for my butt, but I think I've seen those sandals in Jennie's closet.

Yes, I'm convinced I was set up.  As Uncle Joe once said, "What a fine bunch of friends I've got."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be in trouble now. Jims hero has hit the deck!! He will insist on new chairs and a sunsetter retractable awning before next STalker Days.

Anonymous said...

We are really showing our ages. Instead of wiping out on a motorcycle or seadoo we are wiping out in rocking chairs.

Anonymous said...

Let's all take a vote. Should that big butt be added to Mount Butt More or not. All in agreement say "Yeah"
If any one does not think it should be added, keep your thoughts to yourself.
I love that story. Hey Michell Next year you should send out invites that have BYOC on them. Save you a few bucks.

Today is Robert'b birthday and Crystal called to get his address to send him a card. He told her to just e-mail him what it said and save some money. I thought about this and decided it would save me big bucks if i just E-mailed him a picture of his birthday money. I love e-mail. I do have a little meaner in me after all. Jevon and his free M&M's have nothing on me and my e-mail gifts.