Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Don't Rush Me

We had our plan on how to take care of Daddy during his surgery but I had not counted on the one that really needed taking care of, and that was MOMMY!

When I got there Mom was all in a spin that she had to go to GOODY'S,  JCPENNEY, and PEBBLES.  She had $400 she had saved up to go shopping and she would not rest until she got to go.

Well....I cannot do shopping with Mom.  Clyde and I share the same recurring nightmares of listening to Old Sheppy and hanging on to Mom's dress, crying to leave the Watson's basement.  Going shopping with Mom would have made me have a nervous break down, knowing she would not leave until she tried on every dress in the store her size, and some that wasn't her size but that she thought looked good and that she might could have fit in. The thought of gong into the dressing room with Mom and trying to pull all those dresses over her freshly done hair was just to much to stand.  There was only one woman that could take care of Mom's shopping and that was Luci,  I was waiting for Luci to come up with a solution for this dilemma.

Daddy's recovery from that surgery would not have been as bad as Mom's if she was denied a trip to spend her money on a couple of dresses and a pair of sandals.   Luci would have had to hold a cold cloth to her head for a week!    Luci made our 'Mom Plan'!  After bringing Dad home from the hospital, Clyde would fix Daddy's medicine while Sherry took Mom to get her hair fixed.   Clyde would then drive Mom to his house where Luci would be waiting to take Mom shopping and I would stay with Daddy until Luci and Mom got back.  It was going to work.  I saw the possibilities.  Luci called and talked to Mom from her cell phone and this is the conversation that took place:

Luci: Mom, are you ready to go shopping?

Mom: Yes, I need two dresses and a pair of sandals. ( I remember the exact list, I heard it every hour on the hour like one of Sherry's bird clocks... BONG, BONG, MICHELLE  I NEED TWO DRESSES AND A PAIR OF SANDLES... BONG, BONG, BONG, TWO DRESSES AND PAIR OF SANDLES...  BONG, BONG, BONG, BONG, SHOES AND DRESSES. )

Luci: Ok, Mom come on down with Clyde and we can shop for a COUPLE of hours and try to get your dresses and shoes.

Mom:  A couple of hours?

Luci:  Yes Mom, then we can come up and let Michelle go on home today.

Then, being the Mom that we all know and love when it comes to shopping, this is what she said...

Mom:  LUCILLE, IF YOU'RE GOING TO RUSH ME LIKE THAT, I DON'T WANT TO GO! 

Posted by Michelle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The only good thing I can say about my sprained back when I was up on my visit was that it got me out of all shopping. Even grocereis. God tells us to look for the good in everything. I just hadn't seen it so clearly until I read this story. Sorry Mom. Luci is the only one that received the shopping gene. She has a lot of the shopping gene. She has enough of the shopping gene to keep the rest of us out of Goodies for several years.

Anonymous said...

Somehow my shopping gene has fizzled. When it comes to shopping, I just can't keep up with Mom. I think I will start getting one of the scooter shopping carts when we go so I can keep up. I usually let her out at the door and go park the car. By the time I get into the store she is long gone. She is so short that when she gets close to a rack of dresses, you can't see her. While Mom is shopping to her heart's content, I spend the whole time looking for Mom. I do believe the rest of the StalkerClan needs to spend some bonding time with Mom at Penny's. I wonder if that sprained back routine will work for me.

Anonymous said...

If only Meaner could get Mom used to the Stalker Clan Mini Mart. Mom could order them and Meaner could pay to send them back. I know a postal employee that might be able to keep her job for years to come on that type of revenue. Only problem with this idea, is that Meaner wants me to send her some stamps. I guess I would be paying my own salary with this trick. Wilked again.

Anonymous said...

It just hit me. Shopping at the Meaner Mart has spoiled me for all other stores. This is probably whas has happened to the economy.