Sunday, November 2, 2008

Photo Possibilities

Michelle made this comment recently...

Sorry about your tooth Amber but you have some great memories about the whole thing, as well as those pictures.  Now Clyde has some great fodder for the StalkerClan for years to come. I just wonder where that picture of Crystal with those Billy Bob teeth will pop up next?

It sounds like she thinks I would try to use that photo to embarrass Crystal somehow.   I might have done something like that in my younger days, but I am older now and I like to think I have outgrown such childish activities.

It is an interesting photo though, and I must admit I did THINK about doing a few things with it.


I might have briefly considered doing a magazine cover...

Extreme Makeover Edition

but I've done something like that before.


The idea of doing a billboard crossed my mind...

Buford, keep your eyes on the road.

but I got worried about liability for automobile accidents.


I've seen some interesting Shopping Mall displays recently...

Let's skip the Food Court and go home, Bernice.  We can do some shopping online.

but I got concerned about the economy and the chance of ruining the Christmas Shopping Season.


I'm sure Jacksonville has some big old buildings that would be perfect for a mural...

Ralph, are you sure this is what it is supposed to look like?

but property values are already depressed enough and I can see the possibility of a lawsuit from neighboring building owners.


A big display in Times Square would be easy...

We haven't sold a five dollar footlong all day.  What's going on?

but Dave Letterman says they are trying to clean up New York.  I hear they have a lot of rats in the streets there too, and I don't need the ASPCA after me.


Like I said, the old Clyde might have considered doing some of those things but I'm a bigger man now, in many ways.  I am not the kind of fellow who would carry a grudge for twenty five years, over something as simple and innocent as a Ski Biscuit accident.   I have put all that behind me, except for an occasional painful BM and the barely noticeable limp in my walk.


I did have one idea that I might follow up on though.   I've told some of you, I don't see any way to do another StalkerClan Book this year.  I have really been scratching my head trying to figure out what I can  give everyone for Christmas.   I think I have hit upon a way to meet my Christmas Gift obligation and, at the same time, make a peace offering to Crystal.  In a few weeks you may receive a package in the mail from 'The Stalkers, Pikeville, KY'.  Be careful opening it because it could contain...

 

Your new StalkerClan Christmas Ornaments

 

from the new more mature, more civilized...

Uncle Clyde

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that would be one of those ornaments that you put in the back of the tree next to the wall so it dont scare the children. I loved this story, I have laughed so hard my gallbladder is hurting.

Anonymous said...

You are an evil genius, Clyde. I can respect that! LOL

Anonymous said...

This looks like the start of a set of ornaments. I was thinking of a new look for my tree this year but I'm not sure this is it. Love the story. Good for lots of laughs.

Anonymous said...

Again! Where was the warning? How scarey can you get? This was almost more than Randy and I could stand. We have laughed ourselves silly. Good job growing up. Just keep on growing.

Anonymous said...

This story is made even more hillarious by the little captions that Clyde has put on the pictures, make sure you let your mouse be on the picture to see the little suprise topics that show up. The one about the 5 dollar foot long is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I like this story so much can we have it as a little side thing like the Spickler/Coffey wedding so we can refer to it quickly in case a good belly laugh is needed?